Friday, January 16, 2009

sitting room


Excepting the minimalist windowshades, this could come straight out of a historical era. It even evokes, for me, some of the interiors in the Jane Austen films. The small pattern of the wallpaper and the smaller structures of the furniture aren't usual in our day and time. I think the patterns here are very well combined; the larger floral of the screen isn't at all overwhelmed by the diamond-patterned walls. Deep gold hues are drawn out and focused by the simple floor lamp next to the sofa.
A refined and relaxed sitting room, indeed. ("Capital, capital!")

Image Source: A Gentleman's Apartment. Interior design by Sara Bengur.

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly the type of little desk I am looking for, for me, in our soon to be study. Gorgeous room! Thank you for your kind words over at my place. It means a lot to me! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete