Tuesday, January 13, 2009

for my own particular use


Here, I admire the distinction the cream marble holds from the subtly shifting greens of the walls behind. I like the contrast of the refined and the unfinished; it sets both off to their best advantage. The wall sconce with the candle between the mantle and the window seems like an unnecessary focal point to me, but otherwise the room is skillfully laid out. I'm particularly interested in the mirror; what are the flecks of color breaking the surface? They almost steal the show, and that would be quite an accomplishment.
This is perfect place to have a quiet conversation on a chilly morning or evening, perhaps with a cup of coffee or a newspaper if you were by yourself. Quiet and elegant, this room is one I'm going to keep in mind for my own house one day.

Image Source: from Marie Claire Maison, styled by Philipe Mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment