Monday, January 12, 2009

luminescence


I never thought I would appreciate a room that was painted pink, but this proves me wrong. The coral pink is in perfect contrast with the sleek black trimmings-- the shelves, the fireplace, the floor (love the geometric pattern), and the mirror. Black defines the spaces, coral brings warmth, and the white gives illumination. Many elements are highly unusual: the geometric patterns on the floor, the eccentric details on the venetian mirror, even the subtle blue of the french chair beside the fireplace. The horns on the mantelpiece, already the focal point, give a unique touch to the room: gradation, while the rest of the living room is made up of stark contrasts. It's all wonderfully compelling, and I still haven't gotten over that it's pink.

Image Source: Paul Costello

1 comment:

  1. Can't stop staring at those floor to ceiling bookshelves! Gasp. I love them!

    ReplyDelete